PTFE Skived Film Tape is a film of skived polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) lined with a silicone based adhesive backing. The tape is mostly known for having a very low coefficient of friction and hence allows for the tape to create a non-sticky and smooth surface on any material. Since it is chemical resistant, you can also choose to use it as a chemical barrier. Other than that, the tape is perfect to reduce any friction between two surfaces to improve surface movement and reduce squeaks and machine noise. The PTFE Films have a working temperature range of -54°C (-65°F) to 260°C (500°F).
Applications for PTFE Skived Film Tape:
- Noise and squeak reduction
- Barrier against chemicals
- Composite bonding mold release
- Harnessing and wire bundling in extreme temperatures
- Roll-wrap for sticky materials